SEA DRAGON NEST GUIDE V1.7
Guide written by : chaose5
Tutorial Video by: v2seraph
Other contributors: snow_tsuki, dragon431, original uploaders of the video and pictures.
Sea Dragon Nest Guide by chaose5 is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
V1.1: Completed Stage 1~6 Guide.
V1.2: 1st April 2011.
* Change name of stage 6 Boss to Monta instead of Tamon.
* Improved Stage 6 guide based on the guide written by the first legit CN DN team to reach sea dragon. Corrected some info on Stage 6.
* Change some strategy description at Stage 6. Added description on skill animation for ring of fire and ignition.
* Added more description on stage 5 lizard brothers.
* Added a new video for stage 6
* Added strategy for stage 2 - 4 color pillar without using YY.
v1.3: 10 Apr 2011
* Added more HD video for various stages from DN JP.
v1.4: 29 Apr 2011
* Added guide for Stage 7, Phase 1~7
* Added a new video for stage 5: Dancing Bull.
v1.5: 18 July 2011
*Updated new and more efficient strategy for various stages.
*Clean up the embedded video.
v1.6:29 Aug 2011
* Updated more detailed guide for stage 6 and 7.
* Updated the video for stage 1~6 with Freedom SDN Run.
v1.7:28 Sept 2011
* Updated changes to SDN with v90 patch.
* Redefine the phase of sea dragon battle to sync with mon's tutorial video.
TABLE OF CONTENT:
Stage 1: Cannon Islet
Stage 2: Random Islet
Stage 3: Lava Golem
Stage 4: Mutant Cerberus
Stage 5: Random Boss
Stage 6: Rock Golem Monta
Stage 7: Sea Dragon Serpenta
Appendix: Monster Data
Stage 1: Cannon Islet
There are a total of 8 cannons, 4 at the front, 4 at the back.
it is recommended that mages and archers man the 4 cannons at the back. Clerics and warriors handle the ones at the front.
There will be 5 waves of monsters coming from the cave in front.
Everyone just keep shooting at whatever that are coming out from the cave.
The 1st and 2nd waves of monster are very easy and normally won't pose any troubles
Priest: At the 3rd, 4th and 5th wave, if required, priest should cast Hand of Miracle in the middle of the 8 cannons to protect anyone from damage.
Warrior: Highland the party member if required.
Force User: Time acceleration if needed so that the priest can cast miracle hand at 5th wave.
Paladin: Provoke and distract monsters below the cannon. Keep yourself alive with various invincible and block skills.
Important Note for Cannon User:
* Left click to man the cannon. press ESC to go back to normal battle mode.
* After engaging to the cannon, left click to use normal cannon shot (1sec cd). Use right click for a more powerful charged attack ( 10+sec cd)
* Remember the cannon travels in a projectile manner. Aim higher to hit your target.
* Cannon will not damage your own party members but will flinch them and interrupt their skills.
Stage 2: Random Islet
Your party will be transported to one of the two islets randomly.
There are 4 switches on this islet. After a certain countdown, various debuff will be casted on the whole party members, unless your party members click the switches according.
The order of clicking the switches is random, and depends on spawn order of monsters:
For example: The monster spawn order is White Skeleton, followed by Red Gargoyle, then Green Zombie, and lastly Blue monster. Then your party members are supposed to press the switches according the following order: White, Red, Green and Blue.
All these have to be done in 7 seconds, otherwise a certain debuff will be inflicted upon your party members. You have to clear all the monsters that spawn too. This has to be performed 3 times before passing this stage.
TIPS: If the party members are not communicating with YY or any voice communication, just assign the time of pressing the pillar according to the countdown timer. For example: during 7~6 = first person press, 5~4 =second person press, 3-2 = third person press, 1 = final person press.
There will be 3 type of debuff in the islet (in the following order):
First debuff: Cooldown increase by 10x. Basically it is the reverse of time acceleration.
Second debuff: Attack decrease by 50%.
Third debuff: Friendly fire. Basically this debuff will cause your skill to damage your own party member. So don't attack if you are inflicted with this debuff. Just wait till the debuff is over while running around.
Note: all mobs in this stage can be inflicted with various debuffs: timestop, slow, freeze, down, etc.
At the middle of the islet, there is a hole that will suck your party members into it periodically. Your HP will drop very fast if you get sucked into it. If ever someone in the party get sucked in, one of the party member is supposed to click one of the two magical stones at the side of the islet to release them from the hole.
* Highland will make sure whoever drop into the hole will not be killed.
* Paladin on Divine Avatar will not be damaged in the hole too.
* Holy Shield of Saint (if the magic attack is high enough) will save the person in the hole too.
You are required to clear 3 waves of monsters:
First wave: A bunch of zombie. It is suggested that everyone gather around a corner, then just keep attacking.
Second wave: Man-eating plant. They spawn all round the islet, Move in groups slowly around the islet and killing them all.
Third Wave: 4 x Poison Ogre.
Note that there are also traps lieing around, which will push columns of poison cloud out if you step on it.
After clearing this stage, chest will appear, Normally the drop is 2 x 40A armor/weapon + one dragon scale. The dragon scale is an ingredient to craft the Revive Apple (allow you to revive once in sea dragon nest) and Dragon Scale Soup ( allow you to survive the lethal dragon's breath attack)
Stage 3: Lava Golem
More 3rd stage video:
This stage is bottleneck stage for beginners. There are 8 platforms around the vicinity, with the Lava Golem in the middle. After a countdown of 5 second, the whole place will be flooded with lava. Each party members is supposed to stand on top of each platform. If more than one person is standing on one of the platform, the whole team will be wiped out.
Therefore, it is recommended that each party members are assigned a platform and he/she is supposed to remember its location. The cooldown for each lava flood is roughly 40seconds. You are only able to deal damage safely on the floor when the lava subside. Cooldown of various skills are good measures to time the lava flood. The boss has very high crit resist. therefore it will take some time to kill the boss.
Now how to assign the platform to each party members. First take a look at the mini map below:
It is recommended that you enlarge the mini map by using "=" button before this stage to see the platform clearly. You are able to see if whether the platform is already occupied by a party member. When you first enter the map, don't rush into damaging the boss first. Each member should take some time to stand on their own platform and remember its location. A fixed party who come here often can skip this first step and directly deal damage to the boss.
Taking the north as 12 o'clock, tanker class should be standing at 10,11,1 o'clock location whereas DPS class should be standing at 5,6,8 o'clock. Why? Because the boss initially is near the 12 o'clock platform and the paladin should be using provoke and drag aggro to himself. DPS class should deal damage at the back of the boss.
1. Ground punching and single-hand earth flipping: Lava Golem has very similar attack pattern to the rock golem in manticore nest. The difference is, 3 pillars of fire will be created around his fist when he punch the ground. Low damage.
2. Fireball: Lava golem will throw a fireball from his head which will split into 4 smaller balls upon explosion (similar to the manticore gravity ball crest). The first fireball travel in a projectile motion (just like punishing swing of mercenary). Upon explosion, the ball will split in the X-fashion (see diagram below)
o = lava golem
━━━━━━━━━ = big fire ball travel direction
X = smaller fire ball travel direction upon explosion
It is recommended to blink backward or forward if the big fire ball is thrown to you. High damage. Around 5~6k. Although the damage is not high, it will tend to push you down from platform if you don't have shield block.
3. Ring of fire: Normally right after the lava flood, lava golem will cast this skill to push party members down from the platform. This skill is similar to Spectrum Shower cast by the Hellmode manticore. There are two rings, inner and outer ring. The outer ring is at the vicinity of the platform. High damage around 15k. To avoid being damage, move towards the boss quickly after you see the casting motion. Before he cast ring of fire, he will raise both of his hands horizontally to the sides. Very obvious motion.
NOTE: After you see the system notice "Successfully avoiding lava floood", you may jump down from the platform and stay on the floor, even though you will see some lava on the floor (they won't damage you anymore).
4. Double-hand earth flipping : Lava golem use both of his hand to flip the earth in front of him, creating a line of explosion in front of him. Low damage and easy to dodge.
5. Fire charging: When lava golem only hav 2 bars of hp, he will start charging forward with whole body on fire, very similar to electric ogre in apocalypse. Instead of lighting ball, fire ball will be shooting out from his sides, burning anyone who get hit by it. However, unlike electric ogre who only charge in a straight line, lava golem can actually turn and follow the person he is trying to charge. A simple method to jam the boss is, when the lava boss start charging, run towards a platform, jumping on to it and go behind it. Since the boss can't jump over, he will try to charge into the platform. DPS classes can safely damage the boss at this moment from behind.
6. Ignition: When lava golem is at his last bar of hp, he might use ignition when anyone is inflicted with burn status. This ignition is an almost an instant kill (54k+ damage), ignore block, avatar, stance of faith, evasion stance. Priests play a very important role here, by keep casting hand of miracle and hand of curing to cure abnormal status. A single priest is normally not enough. 2 priests and 1 force user with time acceleration will be able to cover the cooldown of the two relics. Do note that the casting of ignition is very fast. It is very important to keep one of the curing hand availabe on the field at all time, especially near the paladin. Warrior has an advantage here because they can clear the burn status easily on their own. Highland also keep the whole party and himself alive if ever ignition happens. Other class try not to get hit and burn at all.
* PROVOKE must be at least Lv4 (best if max) with an A plate to keep the aggro permanently on you.
* Provoke must be cast straight after the word "Safely avoided the lava flood" appears. This is especially important at Hp x2 when he casting fire charging to make sure the golem charges towards you and not other members. Stand behind the platform so the golem will be jammed in front of you.
* At HP x 1, if you are burnt and there are no Hand of miracle and relic of cure nearby, cast Divine Avatar to cure the burn status. The ignition will be cast if the person with the highest aggro is burnt.
* Take turn to cast miracle hand , followed by relic of cure each round.
* Relic of cure must be cast to cure burn status on paladin especially near HP x 1 before retreating to your own platform because ignition might happen if the paladin get burnt.
* Make sure time acceleration affect as many people as possible. If you cant aim every party members, priority should be Priest > Pally > Warrior > other classes.